Thursday 6 October 2011

How Steve Jobs convinced me to do another backpacking adventure


I just came from a backpacking adventure in Europe.
It had been a blast !

It was supposed to be my last hurrah as a single person.
In my part of the globe, there is a certain expectation that at a certain age you’re supposed to settle down, have kids, have a house- the whole nine yards..

But seeing Europe for the first time made me realize there so much more to discover about the world.

I guess am a wide-eyed explorer not yet willing to let go of the joy of aimless wandering.

The trip has changed my game plan in life.

And rather timely in a surreal way, the death of Steve Jobs reminded me of his words…

“Because almost everything — all external expectations, all pride, all fear of embarrassment or failure - these things just fall away in the face of death, leaving only what is truly important. Remembering that you are going to die is the best way I know to avoid the trap of thinking you have something to lose. You are already naked. There is no reason not to follow your heart.”


So here I am throwing caution to the wind and lookin forward to another adventure next year yeba

No comments:

Post a Comment