Tuesday 17 July 2012

60 in 60

Earlier today I received a note from my potential new boss. He was asking when I will be back in the Philippines so he could discuss the next step in my job application. Suddenly from the stratospheric heights of my euphoria I was plunged to the grounds of reality.

Oh yes. I am just living this 40-day dream. But after this once-in-a-lifetime journey I would be facing reality. I would be nearly broke and I need to have a job soon.

So with that grim reminder of inevitability I brought to mind my attempt to achieve 60 things to be done in 60 days. The 60 days of gap between my jobs. I have not actually completed the list and it's actually a work in progress but anyways here's the list so far...


60 in 60

1.     Plant a Rose
2.     Learn how to cook a native dish - DONE (Adobo!!!)
3.     Learn how to solve 3rd layer of Rubik’s Cube.. DONE (Missing step was Ri F Ri B B R Fi Ri B B R R Ui)
4.     Perform HDR photography
5.     Take photo of the Milky Way
6.     Have a reunion with former officemates
7.     Watch a play - DONE
8.     Send a postcard - DONE
9.     Observe the transit of Venus - DONE
10. Visit a new city - DONE  (Tallinn, Oslo, Budapest, Prague, Riga...need I say more ?)
11. Go to the gym - In progress
12. Update a blog - In progress
13. Road trip - DONE 
14. Send home Spark, my dog  - DONE
15. Generate 1000 profile views in CS - In progress
16. Get hosted - DONE ( Got hosted in Salzburg, Vienna, Berlin, Tallinn)
17. Bury the hatchet - DONE (made amends with a good old friend)
18. Reconnect with an old friend
19. Update wardrobe
20. Spend a day without PC and CP  - DONE
21. Spend a day doing nothing
22. Post 20 blog entries
23. Back up files
24. Activate Six Sigma blog
25. Get a compilation of Photo templates
26. Host a free hugs event - DONE ( Hosted a free hugs event in Tallinn Estonia)

27. Join a pub crawl - DONE
28. Experience God
29. Skinny dip in a lake, river or sea - DONE (swam in my birthday suit in Danube River)
30. Read a novel (any of the following would count - Perks of a Wallflower, To Kill a Mockingbird, Fountainhead, On the Road)
31. Watch a season of "Breaking Bad"

Still thinking of 29 other items...



1 comment: