Did not realize until today that it has been exactly two years since the Qingdao eclipse last January 15. In a way I feel sad because up until now I have not properly documented my adventure there. And I know a lot of important details have now been forgotten. Anyway it is better late than never. Here are my top 5 reasons why the Qingdao eclipse experience holds a special place in my heart...
1. It was an item on my bucket list : Watching an annular eclipse during sunset.
2. It was my first solo-bacpacking experience.
3. It was my first solo expedition.
4. It had been my first time to attend a couch surfing party.
5. It had been my first brazen attempt to take the train even though I know nothing about the Chinese language.