Sunday 10 October 2010

Bigger Picture




There are those scenes that simply enrapture you and make you long that you were part of it. And even for a moment, however flitting, you feel a sense of surrender, of connection, of relaxation. I unearthed this photo while browsing through my files in the hard drive. It was taken in January 2008 when I made a side trip to Yosemite Park, after our annual conference in my previous company.

Four months have passed since I transferred to my new job. Time as always just seemed to whizz by. The chasm that splits my present with the immediate past has now become unleapable. I miss the side trips and mini-adventures that my previous job had to offer but I guess they are all now a thing of the past.

The various aspects that I shudder upon during my first few days in the new company have now woven intricately into the fabric of my daily life. I guess all those life-changing decisions I’ve made in the past made me more resilient.

My current job can be taxing in a lot of ways and there is always that danger of getting too self-absorbed that one misses out the bigger picture.

This photo turned out to be an eye-opener of sorts. I realized I needed that occasional dose of getting unleashed from the daily trappings of life and being thrown out there.

And so I made a pact with myself, that before the year ends, I would definitely have a “step-back-and-look-at-the-great-picture” adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment